At Homegosmart, we are 100% committed to protecting the privacy and security of our customers and site visitors. We would like to explain to you in a simple and transparent way what personal data we gather about you and how do we process it. You share your personal information with us when you become a customer, when you register with our online services, subscribe for our newsletter or other marketing information, complete an online form, buy our products, open the Account or contact us through one of our channels.
When you use Homegosmart services, we may ask you to provide certain personal information to obtain our products or use our services. For example, we may ask for information when you register to create an account, update your information, sign up for a membership or subscription, use certain features, access, purchase products or services, enter into sweepstakes or other promotions, register or participate in a competition, fill out a survey, request customer support, or otherwise communicate with us.
We (or our service providers or business partners) may collect information that relates to you, including personal information, such as your name, e-mail address, telephone number, phone number, mailing address, date of birth, gender, and demographic information.
Information You Provide When You Participate in an Online Survey or Other Research. We may also collect the information you provide us in connection with participating in an online survey or as a research panel participant. This may include, but may not be limited to, information about your shopping habits, lifestyle preferences, interests and hobbies, health, physical or behavioral characteristics, or other demographic information, as well as photos, videos, and other user-generated content.
Information You Provide When You Make a Purchase. If you make a purchase from us, you will be required to provide a credit/debit card number and related financial information (such as CVV, expiration date, and billing address), or other payment information (such as via PayPal or Apple Pay), depending on the form of payment you choose.
Information You Provide Through Social Media. You may also be given the option to link to your Facebook or other social media accounts through Homegosmart services. When you do, we may automatically receive certain information from you based upon your privacy settings on those sites. This may include, but may not be limited to, name, user name, demographic information, updated address or contact information, location, interests, and publicly-observed data, such as from social media and online activity.
Information Collected Automatically. Whenever you visit or interact with Homegosmart, as well as any third-party advertisers and/or service providers, may use a variety of technologies that automatically or passively collect information about your online activity. This information may be collected in the following ways:
Geolocation Information. We may collect information about the location of your Device when you access or use Homegosmart services. In addition, if you choose to turn on your Bluetooth, Wi-Fi or other geolocation functionality when you use our mobile applications, we may collect and use your geolocation information.
Third-Party Service Providers. We may use third-party service providers to support Homegosmart services. Some of these service providers may use technology such as cookies, web beacons, pixel tags, log files, or other technologies to receive, collect, and store information on our behalf.
How long do we keep your personal data? We are only allowed to keep your personal data for as long as it is necessary for the purpose we initially required it. After this, we look for feasible solutions like archiving it. The appropriate retention periods for each category of data are based on the requirements of applicable data protection laws and the purpose for which the information is collected and used, taking into account legal and regulatory requirements to retain the information for a minimum period, limitation periods for taking legal action, good practice and Homegosmart business purposes.
We may use the information about you in a variety of ways:
For Customer Service and Transaction Purposes, such as to:
- Respond to your questions or requests and provide customer service;
- Manage your account and registration;
- Troubleshoot issues, bugs or defects related to your account or activities;
- Validate, confirm, verify, deliver, and track your order (including to arrange for shipping, handle returns and refunds, and contact you about your orders, including by telephone), and send you related information, coupons, products or samples;
- Verify your identity or communicate with you about your activities with respect to Homegosmart services;
- To use and disclose your credit, debit or payment card or other financial information only to process payments and prevent fraud;
- Develop new products or services and to enhance current products and services;
- Protect the security or integrity of Homegosmart services and our business, such as by protecting against and preventing fraud, unauthorized transactions, claims, and other liabilities, and managing risk exposure, including by identifying potential hackers and other unauthorized users; and
- For other purposes as disclosed at the time you provide your personal information or otherwise with your consent.
For Advertising Customization and Analytics Purposes, such as to:
- Perform market research, understand the effectiveness of our competition or promotions and Homegosmart services analytics and operations;
- Personalize and improve Homegosmart services and our products, services, offers and advertising made available on or outside Homegosmart services (including on other sites/ applications that you visit). For example, we may provide personalized or localized content, recommendations, features, and provide content or features that match your interests and preferences;
- Provide you with customized content, advertisements, offers, and promotions offered by Homegosmart or on behalf of our partners and affiliates, and provide news and other information we think will be of interest to you on Homegosmart services, in emails and across third-party websites;
- Link or combine with information we receive from others to help understand your needs, use for interest-based or targeted advertising or re-targeting on your computers or other devices, and to provide you with better service; and
- Communicate with you, either directly or through one of our partners (e.g., through Facebook Custom Audience, Google Customer Match, etc.) for Homegosmart marketing and promotional purposes via emails, notifications, or other messages, consistent with any permissions you may have communicated to us.
Our general attitude is that data that we process for any other reason is anonymized or we remove as much of the personal information as possible.
How do we protect your information? Our website is scanned on a regular basis for security holes and known vulnerabilities in order to make your visit to our site as safe as possible.
We use regular Malware Scanning.
Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. In addition, all sensitive/credit information you supply is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology.
We implement a variety of security measures when a user places an order enters, submits, or accesses their information to maintain the safety of your personal information.
All transactions are processed through a gateway provider and are not stored or processed on our servers.
SHARING OF INFORMATION
Third-party disclosure. We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your Personally Identifiable Information unless we provide users with advance notice. This does not include website hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or serving our users, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release information when it’s release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others’ rights, property or safety.
Third-party links. Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third-party products or services on our website. These third-party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We, therefore, have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
Google. Google’s advertising requirements can be summed up by Google’s Advertising Principles. They are put in place to provide a positive experience for users. https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/1316548?hl=en
We use Google AdSense Advertising on our website.
We have implemented the following:
- Remarketing with Google AdSense
- Google Display Network Impression Reporting
- Demographics and Interests Reporting
- DoubleClick Platform Integration
We, along with third-party vendors such as Google use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookies) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) or other third-party identifiers together to compile data regarding user interactions with ad impressions and other ad service functions as they relate to our website.
Opting out. Users can set preferences for how Google advertises to you using the Google Ad Settings page. Alternatively, you can opt-out by visiting the Network Advertising Initiative Opt Out page or by using the Google Analytics Opt Out Browser add on.
Legal Disclosures. Where necessary, or for the reasons set out in this policy, personal information may also be shared with regulatory authorities, courts, tribunals, government agencies and law enforcement agencies. While it is unlikely, we may be required to disclose your information to comply with legal or regulatory requirements. We will use reasonable endeavors to notify you before we do this unless we are legally restricted from doing so.
Anonymous Non-Personal Information. Non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
- Help remember and process the items in the shopping cart.
- Understand and save user’s preferences for future visits.
- Keep track of advertisements.
- Compile aggregate data about site traffic and site interactions in order to offer better site experiences and tools in the future. We may also use trusted third-party services that track this information on our behalf.
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser settings. Since the browser is a little different, look at your browser’s Help Menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies.
If you disable cookies in your browser. If you disable cookies, some features will be disabled such as eCommerce functionality and other site functionality. This will turn off some of the features that make your site experience more efficient and some of our services will not function properly.
What about your privacy? The cookies used by us do not allow a person to be identified individually. Cookies do not contain any personal information so it cannot link you as a person to any name or surname. Only the IT system on which the cookie is stored can be identified via its IP address.
COPPA (Children Online Privacy Protection Act). When it comes to the collection of personal information from children under the age of 13 years old, the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) puts parents in control. The Federal Trade Commission, United States’ consumer protection agency, enforces the COPPA Rule, which spells out what operators of websites and online services must do to protect children’s privacy and safety online.
We do not specifically market to children under the age of 13 years old.
The CAN-SPAM Act is a law that sets the rules for commercial email, establishes requirements for commercial messages, gives recipients the right to have emails stopped from being sent to them, and spells out tough penalties for violations.
We collect your email address in order to:
- Send information, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions
- Process orders and to send information and updates pertaining to orders.
- Send you additional information related to your product and/or service
- Market to our mailing list or continue to send emails to our clients after the original transaction has occurred.
To be in accordance with CANSPAM, we agree to the following:
- Not use false or misleading subjects or email addresses.
- Identify the message as an advertisement in some reasonable way.
- Include the physical address of our business or site headquarters.
- Monitor third-party email marketing services for compliance, if one is used.
- Honor opt-out/unsubscribe requests quickly.
- Allow users to unsubscribe by using the link at the bottom of each email.
If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, you do so by clicking the link on the bottom of each email and we will promptly remove you from ALL correspondence.
GDPR (European Economic Area Countries Only)
General Data Protection Regulation refers to the specific rights of people in the European Economic Area with respect to how we respect personal data.
In accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation you have the:
- Right to access information– You have the right to ask us for an overview of your personal data that we process.
- Right to data portability– You have the right to ask us to transfer your personal data directly to you or to another entity. This applies to personal data we process by automated means and with your consent or on the basis of a contract with you. We will transfer your personal data where it is technically feasible.
- Right to erasure– You may ask us to erase your personal data if we no longer need it for its original purpose, you object to us processing your data for our own legitimate interests or for personalized commercial messages, you withdraw your consent for processing your data, we unlawfully process your personal data or a law of the European Union or a member state of the European Union requires us to erase your personal data.
- Right to object to processing– You can object to us using your personal data for its own legitimate interests. We will consider your objection and whether processing your information has any undue impact on you that requires us to stop doing so. You can also object to receiving personalized commercial messages from us. When you become a Homegosmart customer we may ask you whether you want to receive personalized offers. Should you later change your mind, you can choose to opt-out of receiving these messages by using the “unsubscribe” link located at the bottom of each marketing email. You cannot object to us processing your personal data if we are legally required to do so e.g. if we are obliged to fulfill a contract with you such as shipping an order.
- Right to object to automated decisions– We sometimes use IT systems to make automated decisions based on your personal information if this is necessary to fulfill a contract with you or if you gave us consent to do so. You have the right to object to such automated decisions and ask for an actual person to make the decision instead.
- Right to rectification– If your personal data is incorrect, you have the right ask us to rectify it. If we shared data about you with a third party, it is our obligation to notify this change to the third party.
- Right to restrict processing– You have the right to ask us to restrict using your personal data if in your opinion the information is inaccurate, we are processing the data unlawfully, you have objected to us processing your data for our own legitimate interests.
- Right to complain– Should you not be satisfied with the way we have responded to your concerns you have the right to submit a complaint to us. If you are still unhappy with our reaction to your complaint, you can also contact the data protection authority in your country.
CHANGES AND UPDATES.
Fair Information Practices. The Fair Information Practices Principles form the backbone of privacy law in the United States and the concepts they include have played a significant role in the development of data protection laws around the globe. Understanding the Fair Information Practice Principles and how they should be implemented is critical to comply with the various privacy laws that protect personal information.
In order to be in line with Fair Information Practices we will take the following responsive action, should a data breach occur. We will notify you via email within 7 business days and we will notify all users via in-site within 7 business days.
30 N Gould St,
Sheridan WY 82801
This policy was last modified on January 25, 2021.